1. Where can I find GirlTrek’s Strategy for 2022? You can view the 2022 GirlTrek strategy to inspire 1000 GirlTrek walking Crews to start in 1000 Blackest neighborhoods in the US by clicking HERE.
2. What is the National Map update? To protect you and all organizers this year, we will make all volunteer-led treks private. As we grow, we don’t want just anyone showing up at your walks. This means, if it’s useful, you can still use it to plan and invite people on walks by using a private link provided, but your exact location and attendance numbers will not be public. This is an improvement to keep women safe.
Finally, the most exciting news, we want to honor and celebrate your leadership and “grandmother” you in as a Gold Star General. If you have led a crew (walking team) in your neighborhood or city for YEARS, tell us about it HERE.
As we roll out the new National Map that will have a #GirlTrek “Roll Call” feature to see all of the private treks happening around the world, we want to put a gold star next to yours for every year you’ve led in this movement. Like Harriet, some of you are about to be 5-Star Generals.
3. What are the requirements to apply as a State or Special Impact coach fellow? If you have 3+ years experience leading in GirlTrek and you would like to apply for a seasonal State Coach Fellowship (requires 5 hours per week) please apply here by Feb 18. (UPDATE: 2022 APPLICATION CLOSED
4. What does the State or Special Impact fellowship role include? State or Special Impact Coach Fellows will:
- Lead Model walks on Saturday mornings at prominent parks, significant sites, and the Blackest neighborhoods in your state.
- Support at least 10 local leaders in becoming Crew Captains who report monthly group walks. (Crews are where 2 or 3 women are gathered walking in the direction of their healthiest, most fulfilled lives.)
- Organize collective action across a 5-point Justice Plan agenda to advance wellness, political power, cultural preservation, labor rights, and environmental justice, in partnership with the Regional Coach.
- Tell compelling organizing and impact stories.
5. What is the time commitment of the State or Special Impact Coach fellowship role? The State Coach Fellowship is an at-will, part-time stipend role with flexible work hours mostly on the weekend. With a time commitment of 5 hours per week over the 10 months of the GirlTrek season (February to November). Coaches must be able to lead Saturday morning walks.
Have more questions? Email our Community Care Team at info@girlTrek.org